Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I Love the Most About Teaching

(Part of @teachthought 30-day Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenge) more info here.

"Teachers teach because they care. Teaching young people is what they do best. It requires long hours, patience, and care." --Horace Mann

I love teaching because of the students ~ their smiles, creativity, ideas, and ability to make every day interesting.

It's amazing to think that hundreds of students have been in my classroom over the past 19 years, and for 180 school days I've had the privilege of helping them learn.

So many faces, so many smiles.

Lots of hard days, some tears.

Many fun days, laughs, and memorable experiences.

I care because I want to serve. I care because I want to do something with my life that makes a difference. I care because others have been there for me and taught me what it takes to be an educator and what it takes to be a caring leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment