Monday, September 22, 2014

My PLN = My flock

(Part of @teachthought 30-day Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenge) more info here.

Day 22: "What does your PLN look like? What does it do for your teaching?"




My PLN is.....

.....a group of educators that I lean on for support

.....a collection of minds that share ideas back and forth

.....a combination of team members I work with closely, educators that I have met, and educators that I've connected with online and other methods (Twitter, email, blogs, Voxer)

..... a great group of people that I try to offer help to and ideas as I see that I can fill a need

My PLN helps me be a better teacher by.....

..... providing me with ideas to use in my classroom

..... giving me educational and emotional support, inspiration, and confirmation of ideas/philosophies

..... connecting me with new and interesting ways to help my students learn and grow

..... pushing me to go forward with ideas that might have otherwise just stayed in my own mind


The power of a PLN is really what you make it to be. Surround yourself with great people that can help you learn and grow, and you'll find yourself wanting to do the same for them in return! Together as a "flock" of connected educators, you'll be able to reach what you might have previously thought unattainable.




No comments:

Post a Comment