Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Teacher with Superpowers

(Part of @teachthought 30-day Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenge) more info here.

Day 16:  "If you could have one superpower to use in the classroom, what would it be and how would it help?"

Staff t-shirts this year ~ "D" for our school name

It's difficult to pick a superpower, but I think the one that is most pressing on my heart right now would be the ability to heal.

Think super-duper band-aid.

This ability to heal would be helpful in the classroom as it would allow me to fix not only the skills that my students are struggling with, but also the hurt feelings that often come when students realize their world isn't always perfect.

Since I don't envision being able to acquire this superpower, I will have to just do what is within my own powers as a caring teacher to support students in developing their skills as well as strategies to persevere when times get tough.

In the meantime, I can always dream of superpowers that I wish I had.........reading minds........being in multiple places at one time...........making things appear or disappear in an instant...........and especially making time stand still. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment