Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Don't Hold Back

(Part of @teachthought 30-day Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenge) more info here.

Day 30 ~ "What would you do as an educator if you weren't afraid?"

Time is short. Life changes quickly. Sometimes it takes a setback to make you stop and realize what's really important in life and in relationships.

The same can be said for education. My focus right now is relationships.

Our time with students is relatively short. Although some days seem long, I usually ask myself where the time is gone and why there's always never enough time to do all the great things I have planned!

In reflecting on the last 30 days of this blog challenge, I'm now faced with the question of, "What would you do as an educator if you weren't afraid?" 

I suppose everyone at some level has a fear of doing the wrong thing, saying something foolish, or not appearing to be as put-together as they would hope to be. I certainly consider myself a learner, not an expert, in many areas. However, if I wasn't "afraid" I probably would try to step out and try something new -- lead an EdCamp session, share more of my new knowledge of all-things "Twitter" or even express myself even more through my blog.

Not sure what is holding me back, except for my own confidence.

That's where my great friends come in and always seem to turn each smile, word, and idea into a vote of confidence which add up over time. Which brings me back to where I started -- focusing on relationships.

Time is short, and life changes quickly. Hold tight to what is most important, but don't be afraid to let go enough to allow yourself to try something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment