Saturday, September 27, 2014

Holidays & Weekends

(Part of @teachthought 30-day Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenge) more info here.

Day 27- "What role do holidays and weekends play in your teaching?"

My weekends are a chance to catch up on my to-do list (related to school & to home), plan ahead, relax, attend church, and spend time with family. All of these things help me in being able to focus on what is truly important as well as get things accomplished that may have been put aside during the busy week.

I always look forward to the weekends (and holidays too) because the pace is slower and there is more time to just "be." This helps me clear my mind and focus. Although the weekend doesn't last forever, it helps me prepare physically and mentally for the next week ahead so that I can use my energy to be the best teacher I can for my students, and more importantly, the best person I can be for my family and friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment