A 5-4-3-2-1 sequence of interesting tid-bits ~
5 Random Facts About Me:
* I don't enjoy driving downtown, but I'll do it if I have to.
* I still remember my best friend's home phone number from elementary school.
* My alarm is set for 4:48 am most weekdays, and I don't enjoy that. :(
* I enjoyed meeting several current and past Olympic swimmers at the U.S. Olympic Trials for Swimming in the summer of 2012.
4 things from my bucket list:
* Run another 5K
* Visit a big city that I haven't been to before (don't get away much)
* Attend a national education conference on teaching or technology
* Learn some Spanish
3 things that I hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator:
* I hope I can remain positive despite any challenges that might come my way this year.
* I hope that I'm able to increase my students' awareness of technology tools as well as ways to show kindness.
* I hope that my daughters succeed in both their academic & athletic goals this year.
2 things that have made me laugh or cry as an educator:
* I've laughed at the many random things my students have asked or said.
* I've cried at the deaths of former students. It's never easy to realize the fact or picture the face of a child from my classroom that is no longer alive.
1 thing I wish more people knew about me:
* Deep inside I sometimes say "no" but end up saying "yes" aloud. :)
As I'm reflecting on this post, I'll have to admit this was the hardest one to write so far. I'm not used to sharing things that I don't normally share. But it was just another step in reflecting on myself and my teaching.