Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Red Dot



You've probably noticed it.

The little red dot.

To show you where you are.

On maps at a road stop. 

On mobile or online maps. 

And my favorite -- a mall map.



You are HERE.

It's not about where you've been.

It's not about how long it's taken you to get here.

It's not about where you wish you were.



You are HERE.

But you don't want to stay here, staring at the little red dot.

You're just checking to see where you could go next.

Left, right, or straight ahead?

Certainly not back where you came from.



You are HERE.

But where is here, really?

Have you looked around recently, to see where you're really at?

To notice what you love? To notice what you'd change? To notice what matters most?



You are HERE.

The next decision is what it's all about.

Where is your destination?

What is the best path to arrive there?

How will the journey go? Who will help you there?



You are HERE.

You will be THERE soon.

Enjoy the journey.


But don't forget to look for the little red dot along the way.




4 comments:


  1. You said it, "dot-on"! enjoy the moment. I've been spending tonight thinking about tomorrow and the rest of the week. I'm going to enjoy this moment, now.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder to BE PRESENT wherever you are, Jen! My family rolls their eyes at me because they hear so often, "It's all about the journey." Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer I really enjoyed this! What a brilliant concept and idea. This really made me think. I am here, but it is true I want to be there. And my there always changes. But, too often I am not fully present in the moment and moments can't be replicated. So I need to cherish and savor each one. Thank you for the reminder. And once again, love the idea for this piece. How did it come to you? So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Jen! As the others have already stated, I too resinate with being present!
    It's all about the journey!

    ReplyDelete