It's what I hope I've been able to do in the last 19 years as a teacher, and it's my continued pledge going into my 20th year this fall.
To engage my students in active learning, inspire them to be all they can be and more, and to lead them as well as my colleagues into believing there's always more we can do to learn and grow .... that is my goal.
That's what I've been in the last 2 months since actively joining Twitter. Although I've made some random posts over the last 12 months, I've been happily surprised at what Twitter has open my eyes up to in a short amount of time.
From connecting with amazing educators in my state, country and beyond...
..... to joining Twitter chats, book groups, starting this blog, and signing up for my first EdCamp....
..... the possibilities seem endless!
On my summer checklist:
1) Committee work on revising math curriculum & assessments for 4th grade
2) Attend 2-day class on student engagement
3) Co-teach 2-day summer class on Close Reading and Writing to Learn
4) Teach a week-long summer class with Camp Invention
5) Attend a 2-day ISEA Summer Leadership Conference
6) Participate in my first Twitter book chat & GHO
7) READ! ~Digital Leadership by Eric Sheninger, Rigorous Reading by Frey & Fisher, and Close Reading in Elementary School by Diana Sisson
And those are just school-related things. I'm also committed to finishing some scrapbooks, being the parent organizer for my daughters' swim club, and spending as much quality time with my family as possible!
It comes from many places, people, and ideas. I've been challenged, somewhat out of my comfort zone, to start this blog which I hope will help me lead others into believing they can take small steps to engage and inspire their students to love learning!
|* Be who you are & inspire from near or far *|